Monday, April 14, 2003

I love the smell of summer in the morning... well, at any time really.

Yesterday evening, while getting the washing in off the line, I'm sure I smelt a barbecue somewhere close by. Coming home from work this evening, I passed by the communal lawn of a block of flats and got one of my top ten favourite smells, freshly-cut grass. I love the smells of outdoors in the summer. In the winter it's boring out there, the only thing I tend to smell are the cars in the road, but a hint of warmth and we're in to a whole new nasal arena.

The cut grass thing is a bit bittersweet as that tends to mean hayfever is around the corner. I've had it for around twenty years of my life now, probably of medium severity as I tend to do huge room-clearing sneezes and have very watery eyes. I'm sure that I have a weaker sense of smell than most other people and am convinced that my sneezing is to blame, though I suspect this can be filed under 'load of complete rubbish'. Each year for the last few years I hold on before starting the tablets I have for it, hoping I will have kicked the habit because I'm sure that my hayfever is now mostly psychosomatic rather than actually biological, if I'm busy then my hayfever stops, I relax for a moment, it's back.

Still, I'm trying to organise working with two flower Goddesses in the next few months, maybe they can give me a hand with it.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?