Monday, May 12, 2003

I'm trying to keep a dream diary at the moment which is made a bit tricky by my habit of waking up, sometimes only briefly, somewhere between 5:00 am and 7:00 am, then, if I'm lucky, falling back to sleep again. This tends to wipe out my memory of what I was dreaming about before and I end up only remembering what I dream about in that last hour or so before the alarm clock rings, if at all.

The last couple of dreams that I can recall have tended to be pop-cultural, which makes a pleasant change from all those dull dreams about work or school. There was the one where I ended up sailing around a castle with friends, which turned into being in a small cave with Madonna leading us out up a ladder to a hole in the ceiling. Then there was the one when I was walking along New Oxford Street looking for the Scientology shop (don't ask me why, and I know it's in Tottenham Court Road) and ended up going into a comic shop where I got the last issue of a Transformers comic, the one where Optimus Prime meets up with megatron at the end of the universe, both having long given up fighting, and together they help to start the Big Bang that creates the new cosmos. Then last night was the one where I volunteered for an experiment to splice my genes a la Spiderman. I had great fun walking up and down walls, though volunteer number two came out more spider than person.

Sometimes I worry about what's inside my head.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?