Friday, May 30, 2003

It's sweltering in the library and due to it's age and bad design there aren't enough fans for the various points where staff have to work. I'm currently lurking in the workroom where it's nice and cool. And thinking about going to the pub for a quick pint when we finish work this evening.

I've been waiting all day to see if a parcel of books that was supposedly dispatched to me wednesday morning is going to arrive. The augurs aren't good. I invariably tend to have stuff sent to me via work so I don't get some over-enthusiastic young postman trying to force a package through a letter box that is smaller or have to trek halfway across London to the sorting office. Quite why I want them now as they are books which I wouldn't be reading until next week at the earliest because I'm currently trying to read three simultaneously anyway, I guess I'm just spoiled. I want them and I want them now! But it is the Law of Sod, they may not arrive in the last delivery this evening, but they'll probably turn up in the first on Monday morning.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?