Thursday, June 26, 2003

Did another rune reading today. Same deal as last time. This is what I got:

What do I need for my life right now?

1. Overview: Mannaz-The Self, reversed
Begin by being clear with oneself. Rather than relying on others look inside for the enemy of progress. You will recognise the outer enemy as a reflection of what is within.

2. Challenge: Ansuz-Signals
The Divine is at hand. Explore the depths, the foundations of life. But first you must nourish yourself before you can nourish others.

3. Course of Action: Eihwaz-Defence, reversed
If there is an obstacle in your path, consider that a delay may prove beneficial, do not be eager to press forward, for this is not the time. Patience. Wait. Prepare.

The three cards suggest that I should consolidate and wait, which is pretty much what I've been doing for the last twenty seven years. Is this telling me what I should do, or what I want it to tell me to do? Mannaz would suggest I'm at the start of something and due to sloth I suppose I'm still very much at the start of the personal transformation I envisioned in Winter, and the other cards would suggest that I shouldn't look at making much more progress yet, but look at consolidating what has changed so far. And what have I changed so far? All I've really done is, I think, merely opened myself back up to stuff I've accepted over the years but tended to forget about. I suppose it's a mental kick to keep me doing the NLP, which I was reading with some irritation today.

If I do the magical thing and take doing that competition as a sign, plus the two ones above (ie; do whatever I feel like as long as I can come up with some half-assed excuse) I could also claim Gebo Partnership which has no reverse option anyway and suggests that a partnership of some type is at hand, either physical, mental or spiritual. Blum suggests that at it's highest level it's a realisation of the posibility of union with the Divine. Not that I particularly accept that God's got anything to do with my life. But Gebo signifies the gift of freedom from which flows all other gifts, which is atheistic enough for me.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?