Monday, June 23, 2003

Flyboy links to this brilliant interview with Philip Pullman, author of the 'His Dark Materials' trilogy, which are damn fine books.

And while we're on the subject. Due to not being a enormous fan of her work and the fact that I've got about a dozen books to read, as I mentioned a few days back, I'm not buying the latest Harry Potter book straight away. Maybe in a month or two, maybe I'll wait for it to magically appear on my birthday (31st August if you want to take note). So, perhaps we can make a game of this. I'm not going to intentionally look out for spoilers. Do you think I'll make it to my birthday or the day I break down and buy it, which ever comes first, without having someone thoughtfully spoil for me as to who the 'beloved character' is that dies?

And I love how next to each other on the BBC NEws website we have Rowling's 'guilt' at Potter wealth and Harry Potter author JK Rowling has filed a $100m (£60m) lawsuit against the New York Daily News after the tabloid published details about the plot of her latest book. Yeah, I know, it was probably her agent, not her, but $100 million for revealing something when the book was coming out the very next day? And I think the figures prove her sales weren't affected by this leak.

The library copies started moving in the system today and are on the way to the first people who reserved them (in most of these cases as far back as Christmas). We've ordered 62 copies of the childrens version and 40 of the adult. So far there are 99 reservations for the children's version and 32 for the adult. Some staff who got their own copies on Saturday have either read or nearly finished it. It's like the Matrix Reloaded, all over again...

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?