Wednesday, June 11, 2003

I've been wondering about starting to go and give blood again. I used to at the place I lived before as it was normally done in a church hall about halfway between where I worked and where I lived, so I could pop in on my way home. Then I moved to north London and there was nowhere that was that near to me and also I wasn't doing it because thought I wasn't part of any of the groups the National Blood Service said they didn't want blood from, thank-you-very-much I was pissed off at their targetting of all homosexuals as one of these categories, regardless of whether they practise safe sex or not. But I've realised where somewhere that I could go to if I wanted to is and apparently my common as muck blood is desperately needed (though I think they say that to everyone, "Dear Mr Keith Richards, we are desperately short of blood that is 90% proof so please donate some blood today!") so am wondering whether the principle of the thing is really that important. And of course, they may have changed their ridiculous rules and I'm behind the times in my boycott.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?