Sunday, September 14, 2003

Been an absolutely gorgeous day here today, it seems Summer hasn't quite decided to give up on us yet, and from looking at the BBC Weather site they seem to think it'll be lasting until Thursday at least, which is nice.

So I took advantage of the good weather to go out and do a walk round Chelsea, starting and finishing at Sloane Square and going down through the Royal Hospital, along the river bank, I saw the Buddhist Pagoda on the other side, then back up to the Kings Road for the home stretch. Fashionable types everywhere, of course, my poorly formed political beliefs would lead me to be snappy and waspish about the lot of them but I'm too tired and, as I didn't actually see them setting fire to poor people or drinking champagne with toasts to the health of Tony Blair and evil I'm going to let that pass. It was just a really nice day. On the quieter parts of the walk, in the garden of the Royal Hospital, or the little empty streets like Swan Walk or Old Church Street there was a sense of anticipation, like the world was saying "Get ready, it's all going to change soon." Maybe I've been reading Northern Mysteries and Magick too much.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?