Friday, November 14, 2003

Some brief news stories: Well-off bloke reunited with wife and daughter. The weird thing is, in speaking to reporters, how much Prince Edward seemed like Clive Anderson...

Children's Minister Margaret Hodge has said sorry to the sex abuse victim she branded "extremely disturbed". There's no doubt that she's been stupid and hurtful, the excuse of making the claim in what was supposed to be a private letter not one of the best excuses in the world, but the more I see of Demetrious Panton the more I can understand why she said that, as he does seem to be living up his own arse. "We have a copy now of the letter that went to the BBC ... My instinct clearly is that I have been libelled. I'm shocked and I'm horrified. I have completely and utterly been slurred. The letter is a complete and utter libel against my character." Get over it. Get over yourself. Return to the obscurity from which you have been momentarily plucked. However, Mrs Hodges shows admirable cheek in claiming that being responsible for a massive failing of a borough's children in the early 80s leaves her particularly well placed to lead the drive to improve child protection in England in the wake of the Victoria Climbie scandal.

"I don't like war" Says Bush as he prepares to come to Britain. Aah, the poor love, so presumerably the last twenty-four months have been a form of aversion therapy then? I'm sure an Iraqi of Afghani child, orphaned by Allied air raids or ground assaults will be extremely comforted by the news that one of the men mostly responsible is saying "Now I didn't like doing that at all." It's fantastic really, him saying that as though all the demonstrators will now go, "Oh, well as long as he doesn't like declaring war on people he doesn't like..."

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?