Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Another hot day in old London town. Met up with Laura in Soho Square for drinks and a chat in the evening, made the mistake of buying bottles of Smirnoff Ice at the offie, I was a humiliating failure at getting the tops off until a nice passing North European effortlessly leavered them off with my doorkey. From now on I'm carrying a bottle opener wherever I go.

Earlier in the day I took a walk through the Royal Parks, starting at Westminster, through Saint James Park, then along to Green Park, across the road to Hyde Park, along the banks of the Serpentine then into Kensington Gardens. At Hyde Park Corner I came across the Australian War Memorial for those who gave their lives in the two World Wars. It's strangely tucked away, I doubt it could be seen from the road but it's very nicely done. As you approach you first see in large letters the countries in which they operated, closer still and the home towns of the servicemen make up those foreign fields, like one of those trick photos.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?