Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Bad insomnia last night. Does anyone out there get it not every day but on a schedule, because I'm sure that I've been getting it every other Monday or Tuesday for two months now. And what's odd is that it wasn't hot last night, I hadn't had a big meal that I was trying to digest while going to bed, I wasn't dozing and then woken up by a loud noise, upstairs were behaving themselves for once.

And although yesterday was a stay at home day I wasn't exactly inactive, I went up the shops, did some housework, worked on some writing. Today I went for a walk around town as it was warm and hot. Started and finished at Tower Hill, a couple of mile circular walk around the financial area. There appear to be two Saint Dunstan-in-the-Easts which I didn't know. I'd heard of but not visited the Hawksmoor church which is supposedly tripping up with more magical power than it knows what to do with. The Saint Dunstan-in-the-East that I visited was designed by Wren and bombed out in the second world war. As you can see from the photo below the walls survive and are covered in ivy, while what would have been the interior is now an exterior park area, a nice and quiet place to sit.




|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?