Saturday, July 24, 2004

Hmmm, I don't think I need to be worried about my job just yet: a group of robotics researchers at University Jaume I in Spain is working on a robot librarian which... has cameras, sensors and grippers so it can locate and collect a book. The hope is that one day teams of service robots could work in libraries.

Still, I could do with one of those in a few weeks. I've been told I'm going back to start work at The Closed Library in mid-August, which effectively means lots of scanning of stock as it goes on to the shelves, then I have the fun task of putting it on to the shelves. The fun level of this is going to depend on whether there's anyone there with me. More people means the work gets done quicker, but personally I'd like it if it was like when we shut last year and it was just me on my own. That way I can take my time, not have to worry too much about getting in dead on time in the morning and wander around nekkid if I wanted to. Not that I would...

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?