Friday, March 04, 2005

Nuts, I automatically deleted last night's Culture Show after watching it. This all has a big IIRC about it. Tim Lott, complains there is too much literature these days, too many books, they aren't any good, when he was a kid he read genuine classics like Lord of the Flies, where is that standard of writing today, who's writing the literary equivelent of Donnie Darko, and in the end it's probably all Bloggers' fault. I think.

All I can say is, if a collection of Bloggers and writers of crap books means the world doesn't give Tim Lott the respect he thinks is his right, then good. He asks for classics but doesn't bother to ask anyone for classics, else they might say "Have you read Middlesex then Tim? Or any Philip Pullman? Surely you've read Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell Timbo?" But of course, to know if these are real classics we're going to have to wait awhile.

The more people that write the more crap that will be produced and I'm doing what I can to help out there.

Now all I need is for someone to come along and tell me I completely misrepresented his argument.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?