Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Well, yesterday I submitted my postal vote for the Lib Dems. Complete waste of time because I live in an area which will probably stay New Labour, if somehow it changes it will be to the Conservatives. The Labour hectoring on this point has been one of the most unpleasant aspects of a campaign that wasn't exactly brimming with high ideals to start with. Explain why their plans may be bad for Britain but by saying that to vote for them actually ends up in a different party getting into power actually means that you are saying that anyone who wants to vote for them is a fucking moron. You are saying that you can accept someone voting for the Tories, but that a Lib Dem voter is worse than that, that they have no morality and want a Conservative government but don't have the courage to vote Tory. That is not true, my vote won't matter tomorrow when it's counted but I voted Lib Dem because I think they. not the Tories, have the best ideas for running the country. And now I've voted I can spend two blissful days without having to pay any more attention to Blair and Howard's lies.

MeanwhileThe BBC report that business is booming for lookalikes of the party leaders with photos of people who look nothing like the party leaders. I mean, Pope John Paul looks more like Tony Blair than the guy in the photo and he's been dead for a month.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?