Tuesday, August 02, 2005

As I deal with the reserves my eye alights on Lion Boy by Zizou Corder. Maybe I'm not getting enough sleep but I find the tagline on this book hilarious: "He can speak Cat. But can he smell danger?" Because I don't know about you, but all my friends who 'speak Cat' have appalling nasal accuity. In fact, my sense of smell is half-broken from years of hayfever, but I can't speak pidgin Cat. Later editions of the book seem to have gone with the tag "Big secrets, big cats, big adventure" which, whilst bad English, at least makes a certain sense.

Next up: Why Noddy Goes to the Seaside is actually an allegory for the Cuban Missile Crisis.

In other news: Bush challenges London bombers to 'do their worst'- From America.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?