Sunday, August 28, 2005

Today I've been mostly watching the cricket. Considering their first innings total of four hundred and something, England should have had no problem reaching a target of one hundred and twenty nine but spent the entire afternoon making us think they were going to snatch defeat, both Test and series, from the jaws of victory. With four of their batsman out by the halfway point they looked doomed, then Flintoff lead a recovery, then with less than twenty runs to go we lost a few more wickets until finally we got those last few. At the moment I'm telling myself that it doesn't matter what the result of the last Test is, the important thing is that the Aussies can't win the Ashes, they can only at best draw. But this has been an amazing series.

I've always liked cricket more than football. Let me put it this way, I've willingly gone to cricket matches. Even tried scoring the for a while, Dad gave me his schoolboy record book, but I found it too difficult to watch both game and book, and gave up when I found myself asking every other ball what had happened. Although I've moved away I'm still a Kent supporter at heart, at league level. They are somehow both top and bottom of two different leagues, which I don't quite understand.

However, back to the Ashes. When exactly did the Australians get Gollum to be their wicket-keeper?


The Asheseses, my precious!

Come on Shauney!



Although this is wrong in some many ways:


Ewwwww!
via some French site.



For Flyboy, I give you, Mike Skinner:


Fit and you knows it, oh yes precious
via Chris Hillcoat.




But elsewhere, City of Sound mentioned New London Architecture. I really need to see this. Lucky I've got some free time at the end of the week.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?