Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Random Thought on Random Media

I didn't make it to the end of the first season of Green Wing. I think I possibly found it's 'hey, we're Jaaaaaaaaam crossed with Smack the Pony, only every sketch goes on for just a tad too long' schtick irritating. But the ads for the new series do make me want to try it again.

I saw the trailer for Romance and Cigarettes at the cinema and when it was finished the woman in the seat behind me said "So that's why it took them so long to get round to do the new series of The Sopranos." I just hope Jimmy hasn't still got that 'tache.

Good Night and Good Luck was good, but based on what I saw on screen I'm interested in what brought Senator McCarthy down, as I don't believe it was this show. Was there a much more sustained effort from the show that we didn't see? Was it actually more the politicians that we didn't see? I think the film has valid points to make about and to the media of today and it was commendably tense but a bit too 'locked in' for me.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?