Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Genealogy

Supposedly I'm distantly related to Winston Churchill. Yes, THE Winston Churchill. Of course, when I say 'distantly' related it's so distant that it means that I'm related in the same way half of the country is probably related if they go up their family tree and down other branches, but anyway. My paternal grandmother's mother was the daughter of Charlotte Maria Williams and Herbert Churchill. Herbert is supposedly related to the Churchill family though how I have no idea, but if you can find a decent family tree for Winston then Herb would have been born around 1837 and died in March 1878 and apparently ran away to sea as a young man before coming back and marrying Charlotte. I don't think I'll be rolling up at the gates of Chartwell to demand my inheritance just yet.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?