Monday, July 03, 2006

When Deities Attack

So I'm thinking about the Bible, as I'm wont to do, and I can't help but think that someone's priorities are wrong. The Devil doesn't do much evil does he? He tempts Eve (if you want to believe that's the devil and I don't think the original text states this clearly), he torments Job, with God's permission, he tempts Jesus and possesses the odd deranged person here or there and is on stage for the Big Curtain Call of Revelations, but Jehovah does decree that Adam and Eve will have to be mortal because they ate a fruit cocktail, he does kill everyone but Moses's family and then continually allows his supposed 'chosen people' to be killed and enslaved until it really hurts, so really, I'd know who I'd take my chances with for all eternity.

Is it possible that Satan is trying to tempt people away from God to try and keep them safe from harm?

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?