Sunday, January 14, 2007

Linkathon

Simon Munnery has a blog. Yay!

You Park Like an Asshole. Being a pedestrian I must admit I'd prefer a website called 'You Drive Like a Twat' with an 'And You Cyclists Are Traffic Light Ignoring Bastards Too' subsection but I'll take what I can get.

Starship Sofa. Podcast discussing science-fiction authors. The Alfred Bester episode is the only one I've listened to thus far, but I did enjoy that. Sigh, maybe if I quit work I can watch all the TV shows, read all the books, see all the films and listen to all the podcasts I want to. Anyone want to support me in a life of leisure?

What Should I Read Next? Apparently, if you've read a Neil Gaiman book you should read all the Narnia books. How likely is it that people will have read Neil Gaiman and not read the Narnia books beforehand?
< disengage literary snobbery >

Jen Wang. Lovely art, I especially liked Touchfood.

Polly Borland's Alison Goldfrapp gallery.

Doomsday clock advanced closer to midnight next wednesday. I've got a job interview on wednesday morning, so that's some news that'll put me in the right frame of mind. "Why should we give you this job?" "Why should you give me this job? It's pointless really, we're all doomed..." [via Slashdot]

The next Star Trek film will be young Kirk and Spock. Did these jokers learn nothing from Enterprise ? Or is this some scientific endeavour to see how far turned in on themselves they can go? Take a leaf from Doctor Who guys, go boldly where you haven't gone boldly before, rather than those places where everyone before you hung around.

Steve Jobs heralds new wave of street crime. ‘We’re confident that this phone is so sexy that opportunistic criminals will be unable to prevent themselves from knocking owners to the ground before wrestling the device from their hands and running off down the road.’ External testicles proves ‘unintelligent design’. ‘Why would anyone intelligent put something as sensitive as testicles in a little sack on the outside? Surely this proves the concept of ‘Unintelligent Design’?'

Top 100 Fundies Say The Darndest Things Quotes. I am a bit troubled. I believe my son has a girlfriend, because she left a dirty magazine with men in it under his bed... "I can sum it all up in three words: Evolution is a lie"... "If your original Hebrew disagrees with my original King James --- your original Hebrew is wrong. If your original Hebrew agrees with my original King James, your original Hebrew is right." [via Link Machine Go]

Sling.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?