Saturday, May 03, 2008

Mandarin Duck, Hampton


Mandarin Duck, The Woodland Gardens, Bushy Park
Originally uploaded by Loz Flowers
To escape the disappointments and blows to fortune of the morning and, as I finally had a nice day for what seemed like the first day in too long, I decided to escape to Outer London.

I was following a London Walks podcast but was brought to the delightful Woodland Gardens, a fenced off section of Bushy Park, near Hampton Court Palace. With a two hour journey each way I doubt I'll be heading there that often but if you're in the South-East of London, visiting Hampton Court Palace perhaps, I suggest you pop over the road from the back door and check Woodland Gardens out. I saw what Wikipedia believes to be Mandarin Ducks and Egyptian Geese which I don't believe are overly common over here and there are probably many other species that are exotic to someone raised on a visual diet of pigeons, starlings and robins.

Enjoyed that so much I didn't bother going into the Palace itself. Let's save that for another day...

Labels: ,


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?