Friday, January 16, 2009

Christian bus driver claims to be too offended by Atheist bus advert to work. I'm sorry, but I'm calling shenanigans.

Ron Heather, from Southampton, Hampshire, responded with "shock" and "horror" at the message and walked out of his shift on Saturday in protest...

Mr Heather told BBC Radio Solent: "I was just about to board and there it was staring me in the face, my first reaction was shock horror. "I felt that I could not drive that bus, I told my managers and they said they haven't got another one and I thought I better go home, so I did. Mr Heather said he was shocked at the "starkness" of the advert. "I think it was the starkness of this advert which implied there was no God."


There might be no God. For his own sake, pay attention. But I can't believe that anyone, even a committed Christian, would genuinely feel they were too offended to do this job.

First Bus said it would do everything in its power to ensure Mr Heather does not have to drive the buses.

Now get back to work Heather!

Labels: , , ,


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?